Monday, October 26, 2015

Welcome Fall with See Kai Run Boots [review]

In my mind, one of the most essential things for babies and toddlers are high quality shoes that provide structure, support and flexibility for developing feet. Babies feet grow very fast in the first 2 years and then slow down to about 1/2 size increase every 6 months. While you feel like you might be purchasing so many shoes in the first few years of your child's life, the investment is well worth it. See Kai Run recently released a new line of Fall and Winter boots to keep your child's feet warm and comfortable.


See Kai Run Ian       
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
High quality materials
Some styles run a little large/loose
Adorable style

All weather traction outsole




See Kai Run Ian boots are your classic high top boot. The brown leather boots feature rubberized toe and heel protection, elastic gores on the side, and an adjustable strap at the top. The outsole is made with all-weather traction, which is perfect for rainy weather or for walking on snow. The boots are lined with suede. The collar and the tongue are slightly padded. I really like that the shoe are made with leather on the outside and on the inside. This is important for breathability of the foot.




I have ordered shoes online for my toddler a few times now. Though I feel more confident than I did the first time, it still seems to be a bit of a guessing game. The best strategy is to use the sizing guide and/or to talk to customer service about their recommendation based on the shoe style. Since my son has been wearing See Kai Run sandals and closed toed shoes, I knew what size he was in now and could account for 1/2-1 size growth.

How do See Kai run shoes fit?
  • Leather closed toed shoes fit relatively true to size
  • Sneakers fit relatively true to size
  • Sandals tend to run large, order 1/2 size down
  • Skimmers run small, order 1/2 size up

Fit
: The length of size 8 fits pretty true to size. I would even say the length is a little longer, but my son is not tripping on his shoes, so I assume they fit well. Both straps cinch down very well, so I can get a good fit of the sandals around his skinny foot. The top strap is almost to the end. I love the large opening to easily put the shoes on and remove them.



Results: My son will be wearing the Ian boots in the coming months as the weather gets colder and winter arrives. I like that the shoes have high tops to keep his feet warm and dry. The rubber sole is more grippy than the standard See Kai Run sole. Since the exterior of the boot is made from leather, See Kai Run recommends spraying with a non-toxic water repellent for extra protection against rain ad snow. I usually do this with leather winter shoes.

UPDATE: My son has been wearing these boots since the Fall. I have loved how adorable and stylish these shoes look on his feet. The high top covers the ankles and that was important during the really cold days. The shoes have held up very well and look almost brand new. I did notice that when wearing pants/jeans that were slimmer on the bottom (tapered or slim fit), they wouldn't go over the high top of the boots and would bunch up. Just something to consider! Though, skinny jeans can always be tucked inside!

To clean the shoes, use a little mild detergent on a damp rag. Allow to air dry. I have also found that just using a damp rag to wipe dirt off has worked well.

I would highly recommend See Kai Run shoes for 3 reasons:
  1. High quality materials (leather top/insoles and rubber outsoles)
  2. Designs are made for growing feet
  3. Comfortable
I would purchase See Kai Run shoes in the future and have been recommending them to my mom friends. I really like the selection of shoes for every season, the high quality leather materials, and the comfortable, ergonomic design that is perfect for growing feet.

Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...