Tuesday, October 22, 2013

San-J Gluten-Free Non-GMO Sauces [Review]

My mom always said that a great sauce or great crusty bread makes for good food. Think about it. French fries needs a dipping sauce. Sushi needs soy sauce. And a sandwich always needs "schmear." I love sauces that can be used for many jobs, like marinading, cooking with, or using a dipping sauce. San-J offers a variety of sauces and flavors that will compliment any meal.

San-J Gluten-Free Mongolian Beef Stir-Fry and Marinade      
San-J Tamari Lite Gluten-Free Soy Sauce                                   
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Non-GMO project verified
Not certified organic
Gluten-free

Authentic and full flavors

Multi-purpose


I received San-J Gluten-Free Mongolian Beef Stir-Fry and Marinade and San-J Tamari Lite Gluten-Free Soy Sauce. The sauces are non-GMO project verified, which is very important because soy is one of the ingredients. I would like to see the sauces include certified organic ingredients. However, there are no synthetic ingredients or preservatives in either of the two sauces, which is a plus.

San-J Gluten-Free Mongolian Beef Stir-Fry is a great sauce for marinading meat, stir-frying, and for dipping. I have to be honest and admit that the first few times I consumed this sauce, it was dipping oven roasted potatoes into. Delicious! I also used the sauce poured over smoked salmon and for marinading a grass-fed ribeye for my husband's birthday. I love that I can use this sauce in many different ways. The Mongolian Beef Stir-Fry sauce a little thin to be a dipping sauce so I will stick to using it as a marinade or a stir-fry sauce.

After trying the Tamari Lite Gluten-Free Soy Sauce, I realized that I prefer this flavor to the standard soy sauce flavor. It has a little bit of a different, complex flavor that complements Asian dishes very well. I liked the Tamari Lite Soy Sauce paired with sushi and also in a stir-fry of vegetables that were served over rice.

San-J Gluten-Free sauces are available at my local Whole Foods in all of the varieties. They are long lasting, delicious, and wallet friendly. If you are looking to add some spice and pizzazz to your meals, I recommend San-J's line of non-GMO project verified, gluten-free sauces.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free to facilitate this review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...