Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Choose Soy Candles for Longer Burn [Review]

My experience with candles has not been the best one. Either they smell too strong (even unlit), or they collapse on one side because of uneven burn, or they produce soot that ends up on something else. I resorted to using candles for decoration only. The big burgundy candle that used to decorate the middle of the dining room table quickly got moved to the butler's pantry because I could not stand the strong smell. The candle is gorgeous, but the scent is overpowering. When I needed candles for the master bathroom, I bought unscented candles. Needless to say, what I really needed was naturally scented candles. Mountain Laurel Naturals makes candles from high quality soy and essential oils to provide clean and even burn, longer burn rate, and pleasing scent.

Mountain Laurel Naturals Soy Candle        ($15.00)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
No dyes or artificial ingredients

Long lasting burn

Clean and even burn




Soy candles have a longer burn rate than candles made from wax/parafin. Although soy candles will cost a little bit more, you can be confident that they will last longer than traditional candles. Soy candles also burn cleaner, so you do not have to worry about getting soot on anything around the candle. I mainly use candles when I am cooking something that will be smelly/stinky or frying something. The candle usually sits on the kitchen counter after I am done cooking. Inevitably, the bottom of the nearest cabinet gets soot on it. No one likes the black smoke coming off candles! I really like that Mountain Laurel Naturals soy candle can be placed anywhere without worrying that something will get soot on it.

I received the soy candle in the Spiced Eggnog scent. My husband and I both agreed that it smelled more like sugar cookies. Nothing better than the scent of the holidays! The smell of unburned candle was pretty strong, but when I lit the candle and let it burn for a few minutes, the smell was not overpowering. I prefer candles with milder scents that slowly fill the house. Mountain Laurel Naturals uses essential oils to scent the candles, which are healthier for your and your family. Perfumes and synthetic fragrances are potentially carcinogenic. Therefore, burning candles scented with essential oils results in cleaner indoor air.

I love the compact size of the candle. I will be keeping this candle on the kitchen cabinet to combat any cooking smells for the upcoming holiday season. I might even light it to get into the holiday mood as I am cooking or baking up goodies. I would recommend Mountain Laurel Naturals soy candles as a perfect stocking stuffer or gift for any family member or friend. The soy candles are also available in the following scents: Bayberry & Peppermint and Lavender & Vanilla. I hope Mountain Laurel Naturals offers these candles in bigger sizes in the future!

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...