Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Home Laser Teeth Whitening [Review]

A smile can be one of the best assets of a person, or it can be something that makes them hide with embarrassment. Most people believe that white teeth are very important in helping making their appearance more attractive. I consume the three teeth staining culprits: coffee, tea and red wine. Keeping my teeth looking as white as I can at home is one of my priorities. Laser Teeth Whitening with an LED Accelerator Light offers professional teeth whitening at home.


LED Teeth Whitening        ($39.95)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
It works!
Potential toxicity of Carbamide Peroxide 
No fillers or mixed blends

Tooth structure remains unchanged




Smile Brilliant's LED Teeth Whitening system is one of the closest home whitening systems that closely resembles professional teeth whitening you would purchase at a dental office. The package contains the following.
  1. High intensity LED accelerator light
  2. Teeth whitening gel pen
  3. Lip and cheek protector
  4. Detailed instruction brochure
Teeth Whitening Gel Pen Ingredients: Glycerin (77.1%), Carbamide Peroxide (22%), Carbomer (0.5%), Menthol (0.2%), EDTA (0.2%).

Smile Brillian's LED Teeth Whitening system contains the highest amount of the whitening ingredient that is used by dental offices. Cabamide Peroxide is also known as Perhydrol Urea (rated as 3 by EWG's Skin Deep Database). The rest of the ingredients are of low or no potential toxicity or health implications. 

Now that we have covered the ingredients, let's talk about the whitening process. The gel pen is used to apply the thick whitening gel. The lip guard goes into the mouth and the LED accelerator light is placed up to the teeth. The light is turned on and left on for 20-40 minutes. The protective trays stay in for 1-3 hours.

The results: before and after photos:

 

The at home teeth whitening system was easy to use. I only kept the LED accelerator light on my teeth for 20 minutes because that is all of the time that I have with a 1 year old boy. With only 20 minutes, I was able to see results. I would recommend this system for those who are looking to whiten their teeth at home instead of paying the high prices at the dentist's office. The kit is easy to use and works!

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned at no cost to facilitate this review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...