Tuesday, April 15, 2014

MIRA Stainless Steel Snack Containers [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

I began researching food containers, plates, utensils and sippy cups a while before getting pregnant. I knew that I wanted to avoid plastic as much as possible. Glass was a good option, except that there was a high probably of breaking if dropped by a baby. Stainless steel became my focus. Fast forward to today. The baby just turned one and has been experiencing and eating table food for about 6 months. When I leave the house, I need small and non-toxic containers to store his food. MIRA stainless steel food containers provide durability, containment, and light weight to store the baby's food.

MIRA Stainless Steel 2 Container Set (Small)          ($14.95)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
18/8 food-grade stainless steel container
Slide when stacked
Non-toxic LDPE #4 plastic lids

Great size for babies and children

Leak-proof lid


MIRA Stainless Steel Container Set is a set of two food-grade stainless steel containers that are perfect for small snacks, whether you use at home or take it with you on-the-go. The stainless steel containers come with recyclable, leak-proof, BPA-free plastic lids. The lid is made from a harder plastic, but is still bendable and easy to remove. However, I did find that with a full container, I had to make sure the lid was on all the way. Also, the lids are a little bit slick, so when you stack containers on top of each other, they tend to slide (slick stainless steel against slick plastic).

The size of the containers (small, 4" x 2") was perfect for storing foods and snacks for the baby. I have been using the containers for storing dried fruit, strawberry halves, and almonds (for me). I love that I can throw the containers into my purse or diaper bag and not worry about the lids popping off and food spilling everywhere. The lightweight of the stainless steel does not weight my bag or diaper bag down.

MIRA stainless steel containers can also be used for adults. They are perfect for storing dips such as hummus and salsa or holding a serving of salad dressing.

I recommend MIRA Stainless Steel Container Set for reusable, durable and lightweight storage containers. I plan on purchasing more of these stainless steel containers in a variety of sizes to complement the two that I have. The fact that this set is made from food grade stainless steel and does not leach toxic chemicals into my food is a winner in my book.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All thoughts and opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...