Thursday, May 29, 2014

Anti-Inflammatory Turmeric Curcumin Extract [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Turmeric is not just a spice that is widely used in Indian dishes or as a natural colorant. Curcumin, a compound in Turmeric, has been used since ancient times as both a topical and ingestible healing treatment. Turmeric has been shown to reduce inflammation and act as a powerful antioxidant. Pure Body Naturals Turmeric Curcumin Extract is an easy and convenient way to get a daily dose of 95% curcuminoids.




Turmeric Curcumin Extract    
   ($35.00, 120 capsules)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.


The Good
The Not So Good
100% pure and natural
Vegetable ingredient sources unknown
No aftertaste

No artificial additives or preservatives

Made in the USA


Pure Body Naturals Turmeric Curcumin Extract contains pure and natural ingredients with 900mg of Turmeric (Curcuma longa root) and 100mg of Turmeric Extract (Curcuma longa root). Other ingredients: gelatin, silica, vegetable magnesium stearate, vegetable stearic acid.

This ingredients list is typical for a supplement. I like that the additional ingredients are limited to just a few. I would like to know the source of the vegetable ingredients (organic, non-GMO, etc.)

I have been taking two (2) capsules daily with a meal, alternating among breakfast, lunch and dinner. The Turmeric Curcumin Extract supplements do not have a taste while the capsules are in the mouth and do not have an aftertaste. Turmeric, as a spice, can be pretty potent. Therefore, I like that the supplements do not have a taste or aftertaste. The capsules are of standard size and easy to swallow for me.

I cannot comment on any effect as I did not see any visible effects (positive or negative) from taking the supplement for a few weeks. I can see myself taking this supplement as a preventative measure and to reduce inflammation. I did not experience any side effects from taking the supplement. Turmeric can result in side effects, especially if more than the recommended dose is taken. Please do some research or speak to a physician before starting on a Turmeric Curcumin supplement.

Disclosure: I am not a medical professional. Information about the product was sourced from the company website. Please consult your physician before starting a new supplement.I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...