Thursday, May 15, 2014

Natural Living Blog Carnival: Green Beauty Care Routine

Welcome to the May 2014 Natural Living Blog Carnival: Green Moms. This post was written for inclusion in the monthly Natural Living Blog Carnival hosted by Happy Mothering and Crunchy Farm Baby through the Green Moms Network. This month, our members are talking about how they take time to care for themselves. Stop by all of the posts to get green ideas on how you can take better care of yourself .
—–

I had my days of complex beauty routines, taking time to put makeup on in the morning and taking time to take the makeup off before bed. Once I cleaned out my toxic body products and switched to more eco-friendly options, I was left with a simpler routine and a lot more time. The eco-friendly products also improved my skin health. I focus my green beauty care routine on two principles: simple and natural.


Simple

Spending lots of time in the morning and evening on my beauty routine is not something that I want to focus my time on. Also, applying multiple products on my face clogs my pores and makes my skin look worse. One product to clean my face and one product to moisturize my face is the best combination for me. My skin is able to breathe and regulate the natural skin oils.

Complicated beauty routines prompt us to purchase products that we might not need. This leads to wasting resources and money. Fewer bottles on the counter means fewer containers in the landfill/recycling and more money in your wallet.

Natural
My green beauty care routine of one cleanser and one moisturizer became natural when I started reading labels on my beauty products. EWG's Skin Deep database became my source for information about toxic chemicals. After educating myself about the negative and toxic effects of the chemicals found in beauty products, I chose to focus on natural and organic ingredients.

My moisturizer of choice became Tropical Traditions Gold Label Organic Coconut Oil. Lightweight and quickly absorbing, Coconut Oil is so versatile that I always have a couple of extra jars on hand (I cook and bake with it also). I have since added organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil (as a carrier for organic essential oils for scent), organic Jojoba Oil and organic Argan Oil. These oils are pure. They moisturize and nourish the skin.

There are a few brands that offer natural and/or organic cleansers that you can find online. I have been using Moody Sister's cleansers and scrubs. Homemade in the USA with high quality, natural and organic ingredients.

Simplifying my beauty routine and focusing on natural and organic ingredients makes me feel like I am taking the better care of my skin and body. The products I put on my body and in my body were very important when I was pregnant, breastfeeding, and now to act as an example to my son. Do not overlook your beauty routine. Simplifying your beauty routine and choosing natural and organic body products will improve the health of your skin and your body.

>> What is your favorite green beauty product??
 
—–
Visit Happy Mothering and Crunchy Farm Baby to learn more about participating in next month’s Natural Living Blog Carnival! Please take some time to enjoy the posts our other carnival participants have contributed:


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...