Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Natural Unbleached White Matcha Powder [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Coffee is one of my favorite beverages. I love coffee so much that sometimes I drink it just for the taste. However, coffee can leave me feeling jittery and keep me awake when I go to sleep if I drink it too late in the day. This is where Matcha green tea powder is a great alternative. When I need energy and focus without jitteriness from coffee, White Matcha Tea Powder is my answer.


Unbleached Matcha White Tea Powder       ($19.99, 30g)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Unbleached
Not Certified Organic
Easy to mix

Good energy boost




What is Matcha? Matcha is fine ground, powdered, high quality white tea. Matcha is stone ground to a fine powder. Stone grinding preserves the flavors and healthy qualities of delicate white tea.

White MatchaTea Powder benefits:
  1. All day energy with increased focus
  2. Has 1% caffeine content of coffee
  3. Metabolism boost
  4. High antioxidant count to kill free radicals in blood stream
  5. Decreases fine lines and wrinkles on the skin
Red Leaf Tea sells natural, unbleached, high grade white matcha powder of culinary grade. This means that you can use the Matcha White Tea Powder in just about anything. Mix the powder with warm water, add the powder to a smoothie, or bake muffins. This trait is very unique to Matcha Tea Powder because you can get your energy boost through various sources.

I chose to make a white matcha drink with warm milk and honey. I warmed up 1 cup of local Snowville Creamery grass-fed milk, mixed in 1/2 tsp of Matcha White Tea Powder, and added 1/2 tbsp of local raw honey. White Matcha has a greenish-brownish color. The combination of milk and Matcha White Tea Powder alone was a bit too grassy for me. The addition of honey made the drink delicious and warming.

Did I receive a lasting energy boost? Yes! I did feel the caffeine kick in (not overpowering) after a couple of sips.

When I need an alternative to coffee with an energy boost, I look to Red Leaf Tea Matcha White Tea Powder. I love that this powder can be used in drinks, smoothie, and baking and offers a long lasting mild energy boost that keeps me going for hours.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...