Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Uncorked Ventures Wine Club [Review}


I have always been a big fan of wine. One of my favorite memories is the trip to Napa Valley with my parents. When a previous coworker mentioned joining a wine club, I was a bit hesitant. I tend to be picky about my wines. How can I commit to receiving wines that I have never tried before. What if I do not like them? Well, I have since realized that you have to try wines to discover new favorites. Uncorked Ventures wine club is a different kind of wine club, focusing on family ownership and direct involvement in wine creation.

 Explorations Wine Club          
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
High scoring wines

Member discounts

Direct involvement in wine creation




If you are not familiar with wine clubs, they work like just about any other type of "club." You pay a set price for shipment or for a period of time (like a year) and every month you receive a shipment. I received a shipment from the Explorations Wine Club level ($40 per shipment). You can select from 1 to 12 shipments, monthly, every other month and quarterly shipments. I like that I can select how many shipment I would like to receive. Maybe I like high quality wine, but I don't drink it often and I would want less shipments. Not having to commit to every month of the year is a good feature of the club.

Club Membership includes:
-2 bottles of wine - 1 red and 1 white
-Discounts on re-orders
-The best quality wine club under $100
-Monthly newsletter detailing featured wines, wineries & winemakers
-10% off all purchases from the Uncorked Ventures online store
-First dibs on all last call wines, before they are offered to the public

I requested to receive two red wines because we typically drink only red wine. I received Easton House 2009 California Red Wine and Del Rio Vineyards 2011 Syrah.

I had to sign for the package since this is alcohol being shipped and you have to be over 21 to receive the package. The wines were packaged very well in almost form fitting cardboard molds. I like that the packaging protects the wine and is all recyclable.


Easton House 2009 California Red Wine was a really good table wine. The flavor was pretty full bodied, but not as full as a Shiraz would be. This wine would go well with almost any meal and I enjoyed drinking it.

Del Rio Vineyards 2011 Syrah was especially good. Syrahs are one of my favorite wines and 2011 was a great wine year. The Syrah had great depth of flavor.

I can see myself signing up for the Uncorked Ventures wine club because of the high quality of wines. Even if I receive a wine or a label I have never had before, I am confident that the owners of Uncorked Ventures choose high scoring wines or wine that would have scored high. If you are a wine connoisseur or just discovering wines, I would recommend this wine club.


Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...