Tuesday, July 14, 2015

100% Organic Ultra Hydrating Facial Moisturizer [Review]

I am always on the search for 100% organic and natural moisturizers and I love to share them with you! The longer I use face and skin moisturizers with natural ingredients, the more I am convinced that my skin does not need the synthetic emollients, the toxic fragrances, the preservatives, etc. Nouveau/Organica Ultra Hydrating Facial Moisturizer is made with 100% organic ingredients.

Nouveau/Organica Organic Facial Moisturizer        
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% USDA Organic ingredients
Comes in a plastic container
Soy-free, Vegan

Light and lasting moisturizing

Made in the USA


Nouveau/Organics 100% USDA Organic Facial Moisturizer contains natural oils, plant extracts, and essential oils. The moisturizing oils are most commonly found in natural skin moisturizers.  These oils have been used for people for a long time and compliment each other in this blend to absorb quickly and hydrate the skin.


Ingredients: Organic Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Organic Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Organic Argania Spinosa Kernel (Argan) Oil, Organic Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil, Organic Rosa Mosqueta (Rosehip) Fruit Oil, Organic Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Organic Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Oil, Organic Cananga odorata (Ylang Ylang) Oil, Organic Boswellia carteri (Frankincense) Oil, Organic Pelargonium roseum asperum (Geranium) Oil

I love the 100% organic ingredient list and I love that there are no preservatives, though this means that the cream should be used within 6 months or kept refrigerated for longer shelf life. Using this moisturizer on a daily basis will last me at least 6 months!

Ingredients that cause some concern are Ylang Ylang Oil and Frankincense Oil. Even though they are both organic, there is some possibility of contamination during distillation and extraction. EWG rates Ylang Ylang Oil as 3 (moderate hazard) and Frankincense Oil as a 2 (low hazard).

The facial moisturizer comes in a dark plastic container. The dark color is important to preserve the qualities of the oil and extend the shelf life, though I wish the jar was made from glass or stainless steel since plastic can leach toxins into the moisturizer. I would like to see Nouveau/Organica move toward glass containers.

Usage: A little of the facial moisturizer goes a long way. I usually take just a bit on my finger and rub it on my face. For best absorption, apply right after getting out of the shower or right after washing the face.

The moisturizer has a slight smell, but not overpowering. I mostly smell the Shea Butter, which is the first ingredient. Even when essential oils are used, I still prefer less scent.



Results: I was a bit worried that the moisturizer would be on the heavier side because Shea Butter is the first ingredient. I usually don't use Shea Butter on my face because it is too "thick" for my face. However, the Shea Butter mixed with the other ingredients and essential oils creates a great balance of ultra hydration. I have also been using this moisturizer on dry elbows and dry knees.

I would recommend Nouveau/Organica 100% Organic Ultra Hydrating Facial Moisturizer because of one of the cleanest ingredients lists that is available in the natural beauty department. I would like to see the company either reduce or substitute the Ylang Ylang Oil and reduce the potential toxicity caused from contamination. I would also like to see the plastic container be switched to a glass container. In the mean time, I will be enjoying and loving this moisturizer!



Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...