Thursday, July 30, 2015

Go Crazy Over Coffee Crazy's Organic French Roast

Coffee is one of the highlights of my mornings, mid days, and afternoons! I drink coffee for both an energy boost and the flavor. I prefer a strong, bold cup of coffee. Black! During a recent visit to my parents', I rediscovered the French Roast. While I wrote off French Roast coffee in the past, I realized it is exactly what I have needed lately - a darker roast with a great punch of caffeine and flavor. Coffee Crazy has debuted their first blend, Fair Trade and Organic French Roast coffee, a medium to full body blend with a low acidity.



Coffee Crazy French Roast       
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic

Smooth and bold






Coffee Crazy's French Roast is made from organically grown Arabica specialty coffee beans that are sold at Fair Trade prices. The company is also part of the Rainforest Alliance. There is nothing complicated about these beans. They are organic, dark roasted and whole. The coffee comes in a 12 ounce for $13.95 on Amazon. This is about the average price for Organic and Fair Trade coffee beans.

The whole beans are dark in color. They grind up nicely in my coffee grinder.

Usage: I brewed Coffee Crazy Organic French Roast using my 3 cup glass Chemex. I usually brew 2 spoonfuls of ground coffee per 1 cup of water. I like coffee strong. If you make the coffee and it's too strong, you can dilute by adding a little bit of hot water at a time until you reach your preferred strength.

Results: I poured up a small cup of the coffee and took a sip. The coffee was strong, bold and smooth. I really like the low acidity, especially since I prefer my coffee stronger and stronger causes sometimes irritates my stomach. I am able to drink a couple of small cups of this coffee throughout the day with no stomach irritation, so I know this coffee has low acidity. The caffeine content was just where I like it. The coffee woke me up without giving me too much of a "caffeine buzz.".

If you are looking for an organic French Roast blend that is Fair Trade and Rainforest Alliance certified, look to Coffee Crazy. I know you will go just as crazy over this coffee as I have!



Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...