Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pencils Skirts and Stairs

This summer, I got into a habit of wearing skirts to work.  I find skirts to be more comfortable than pants.  I hope to wear skirts for a little bit longer into the colder season by pairing with boots and leggings.  My office job prompts for Business Professional and/or Business Casual depending on the location and the meetings we have.  Therefore, I have several pencil skirts.  I love the look of pencils skirts and they truly fit my body the best.

Frequently throughout the week, I need to go to 2-3 floors above me.  I feel like taking the elevator is a waste when I have two perfectly good feet.  I usually opt for the stairs if I need to go up or down 5 or less flights.  I guess this is my way to "green" and get a little bit of exercise during the day.

I came to the realization this week that pencil skirts do not work with stairs!  Add boots to the equation and you might as well not go anywhere!  I actually had to hike my skirt up to even be able to go up the stairs.  Luckily, no one else was in the stairwell, or I would have been really embarrassed.

>> What fashion mishaps have you experience at work or in a social setting?
 


2 comments:

Beautifully Forgiven, Kortney said...

Hi there! I'm stopping by from the Super Stalker Sunday Hop! Thanks so much for linking up with us and making the Super Stalker Hop such a success! I hope you have had a great week and I hope you have an even better weekend!!
See you this weekend for more fun Super Stalking,
Kortney @ Kortney's Krazy Life!

Lauren Wayne said...

Ok, this just made me laugh because I'm always finding that anything but the most comfortable clothes leads me to want to stop walking. :P

Since I work from home (jeans or jammy pants!), I think a lot of my fashion mishaps come from trying to wear nice clothes and then breastfeed in public. A lot of nice clothes (fitted blouses, for instance) don't really work well with that aim in mind. Luckily, I've mostly learned my lesson on that one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...