Thursday, November 3, 2011

To GMO or Not To GMO?

Have you heard about GMO? While the acronym itself might not sound bad, the fact that the organisms (in this case, crops like fruits and vegetables) are genetically modified is a scary practice that is quickly becoming the standard, if not already. The most startling piece of information below is that USA is the highest producer of GMO crops and does not mandate that they are labeled.

Corn, soybeans, canola, and cotton have been identified as the crops that are usually genetically modified. Read below to understand the negative impacts of GMO.

Source: http://www.treehugger.com/green-food/87-percent-americans-want-genetically-modified-foods-labeled-infographic.html



4 comments:

Unknown said...

Here is some more scientific information about genetic modification: http://emmacooper.org/blog/genetic-modification-of-plants

Scrappy Sugar Girl said...

Oh my goodness! Have you seen "Food, Inc"? A real eye-opener. If I see GMO-free food I buy it to support the business.
I am a follower. Would love it if you returned the favor.
Thanks!

Rhonda

Unknown said...

Rhonda - I have the DVD on my counter. I borrowed it from a coworker and plan to watch it soon. She said it's an eye-opener! I will have to post about my thoughts about I watch it.

I'm all for supporting GMO-free companies and local companies.

Anonymous said...

Get the word out...NO GMO!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...