Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Almondina Natural Cookies [Review]

I strive to snack on fruits, vegetables, and nuts, but sometimes, I need a light, sweet, crunchy snack to satisfy a craving. A snack that incorporates fruits and nuts is even better. Almondina brings you an all natural, low salt cookie that is perfect for snacking on its own or as an accompaniment to coffee, tea, soft cheeses, and light wines.

Almondina        (4 oz tray, $3.49)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
All natural ingredients

Low calorie

Pairs with other foods and drinks

Delicious and appetizing flavors


Almondina presents a delicious cookie without the guilt. Each cookie is less than 35 calories. The ingredients are all natural and include dried fruits and vegetables. Almondina cookies are made using an old family recipe passed down through the generations. Almondina cookies are available in the following flavors:

  • Original - America's all natural favorite with almonds and raisins.
  • Chocolate Cherry - We combined the world's finest dark chocolate with plump cherries to produce an irresistible, decadent treat without guilt.
  • Choconut - Rich tasting crunchy chocolate, but low in calories.
  • Cinnaroma® - The original biscuit for cinnamon lovers.
  • Gingerspice - Trend setting, with chunks of Australian ginger.
  • AlmonDuo® - Double-nut wonder with almonds and pistachios.
  • AnniversaryT - Award winning delight with a touch of anise.
  • BranTreats® - Made with oat bran and the finest cinnamon "Cookies For Breakfast."
  • Sesame - Irresistible, exotic, flavorful.
  • Seasonal Pumpkin Spice - A seasonal attraction with a delightful touch of fall spices combined with the highest quality almonds and pepitas (pumpkin seeds) Including new products: 
  • Chocolate Dipped – the Original® dipped in the finest, pure, rich dark chocolate is now available year round.
  • Delights – The Original® Almondina totally encased in Milk chocolate.
  • Yogurt Dipped – Brantreats® dipped on one side with a layer of all natural yogurt.

I received a sample pack of 6 flavors (bolded above). Each cookie has a distinct flavor and satisfied my craving for something sweet and light. I wanted to share my favorite flavor in this post, but I just cannot decide. I love that I can see the ingredients: big chunks of almonds and dried fruit. I have been eating these straight out of the 4 oz tray. Not only are Almondina cookies addictive, but they offer a healthy option for snacking.

Almondina cookies have the perfect crunch paired with delicious flavors that keep me reaching for more. I look forward to trying Almondina Original cookies with a soft Brie cheese and the Chocolate Cherry with a glass of red wine.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free to facilitate this review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...