Sunday, December 29, 2013

What To Do With Unwanted Gifts

One of the topics my husband and I have been discussing during the past month is gifts. I am always focused on offering natural toys for my baby to play with. I love wooden toys and organic cotton toys. On the other hand, my husband has proclaimed (half jokingly) that he is supporting the plastic industry. LOL. While some family members know that there is a preference towards non-plastic, non-battery operated toys, inevitably, we are going to receive plastic, battery operated toys.

The big question is: what do you do with the toys that you would rather not have your baby or child play with? How do you get rid of unwanted gifts?
  1. Keep toy and play with sparingly
  2. Return toy to store
  3. Regift toy
  4. Donate toy
I always have to look at the big picture and realize that the majority of our baby's toys are made from wood or fabric (about half of the toys made from organic cotton). I can compromise and keep some of the plastic and battery operated toys. Let's face it, some toys are not available in natural forms. Each parenting team should decide together how toys they would like for their babies to play with.  

>> Did you receive any unwanted gifts for the holidays?? What do you do with unwanted gifts??
  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...