Thursday, December 12, 2013

Ozeri Instavac Green Earth Food Storage Container Set [Review]

Although I have slowly been transitioning from plastic storage containers to glass storage containers with the goal of 100% glass storage containers, I have realized that there is a time and a place for plastic storage containers. A good set of 1-4 cup glass storage containers is essential. They work well for reheating leftovers in the microwave and in a toaster oven or full oven. However, as the size of the glass container grows, they become heavy, especially when filled. When we travel for the holidays, I need to transport baked goods or prepared foods to contribute to family meals. For example, 16 scones need to fit into one container. I tend to be clumsy at times and carrying large glass containers full of food always makes me nervous. Ozeri Instavac Food Storage Containers are efficient and functional, saving food, time and money.

Ozeri INSTAVAC Green Earth Food Storage Container Set    
    ($24.95)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Large storage, nesting containers
Made from plastic
Instant vacuum seal

Stain resistant plastic




I look for three things with storage containers:
  1. Eco-friendly, green, and non-toxic materials
  2. Efficient storage
  3. Functionality (size, fit of lid, etc)
Ozeri Instavac Food Storage Container Set contains 4 plastic food storage containers (BPA-free). Each container is microwave, dishwasher, and freezer safe. Although, I would personally not microwave or put plastic in the dishwasher because the heat will cause the plastic to break down and degrade over time. The plastic is see through. The largest container can hold 21 cups and would be perfect for storing a whole batch of scones or muffins. 

The main feature that makes Ozeri Instavac Food Storage Containers unique is the patented valve system that allows you to quickly remove excess air to prevent growth of bacteria. This mean that foods will stay fresh longer. Remove excess air by pressing down on the lid, forcing the air out of the container through a one-way valve. Minimal effort for longer lasting food? Yes, please. I try to be diligent about taking inventory of the fridge, but sometimes, I miss containers that have made their way to the back. I can be confident that the food in containers that get "lost" in the fridge will last just a little bit longer when using Ozeri Instavac Food Storage Containers. Plus, the bottom of each container has a wave pattern that elevates food off the bottom to keep food from deteriorating from sitting in water or its own juices.

The feature that initially caught my eye about the Ozeri Instavac Food Storage Container Set is that the four storage containers nest within each other. I only have to create a little bit of space for the biggest size container. My cabinet space is already limited so I am constantly looking to consolidate my storage containers.

If you are sick of digging through your storage containers to find the best airtight container to keep food fresher longer and provide the most functionality, look to Ozeri Instavac Food Storage Container Set. This most effective vacuum-sealed container set will save food, save time, and save money. 


Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...