Monday, January 4, 2016

Fluoride-Free Natural Toothpaste My Toddler Loves [review]

After years of searching and trying natural beauty and body product companies, I have realized that the best (all natural and even organic) products come from small businesses. There are many bigger natural beauty brands out there that can be found on the shelves of natural food stores like Whole Foods. However, I am not 100% comfortable with their natural ingredients list. Either not all of the ingredients are natural or some natural ingredients are not quite good for us. I look toward smaller companies that live their mission of providing truly non-toxic products. Morocco Naturals offers whole food personal care products that feed the skin and nourish the body.



Tooth Fairy Toothpaste             
Congest Ease                             
Healing Chrysm                          
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

Disclosure: I received a sample of the products to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own and are honest

The Good
The Not So Good
Natural ingredients you can pronounce
Plastic containers
Effective






Morocco Naturals is a company that started after seeing a need for a natural and effective toothpaste. The team wanted to create products that were safe to use on children and adults. They started with high quality essential oils and butters and created health and beauty products that do NOT contain artificial ingredients, preservatives, or chemicals.

I received a sample of products that Morocco Naturals offers, including the Tooth Fairy fluoride-free toothpaste, Congest Ease natural decongestant, and Healing Chrysm all natural pain reliever.

I'm going to provide detailed reviews of the products because I really believe in what this company is doing and I am impressed with their products and ingredient lists.


Tooth Fairy fluoride-free toothpaste whitens teeth, deodorizes the mouth, restores pH balance, calms sensitive teeth, and can heal mouth sores. It is safe for the whole family to use! I was most interested in this fluoride-free toothpaste for my 2.t year old toddler. After 2+ years of using my homemade toothpaste, he started to refuse brushing his teeth with it. I tried a few other natural brands, but he did not like them either. Tooth Fairy toothpaste in CreamSycle has been a hit! He loves brushing his teeth with it. I think he likes that it has an orange flavor (his favorite color and one of his favorite fruits) and is a little on the sweeter side from the Stevia. I was a little hesitant when I read that the toothpaste contains Stevia because I try to limit sugar and sweet tastes, but the toothpaste is not too sweet. Plus, the essential oils in the toothpaste provide real, natural flavor as opposed to "natural flavors" that are found in a lot of kid toothpastes. This toothpaste has a gel like consistency.

 

Tooth Fairy Fluoride-Free Toothpaste Ingredients: 
Baking Soda, Xylitol, Xanthum Gum, Stevia, Vegetable Glycerin, Water, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Essential Oils

>> The ingredients list is about the most natural you can find in a product that is not homemade. Though I do not specifically seek out xylitol in toothpaste, I have read that it has some benefits. I have read mixed messages on Xanthum Gum and Xanthum Gum. Since they are fairly natural and would not really be consumed (other than what little bit is swallowed), I am not too worried. Grapefruit Seed Extract is used as a natural preservative and about the most natural preservative you can find. Since the toothpaste contains water as an ingredient (as does my homemade toothpaste), a preservative is needed for longer shelf life. Essential Oils include orange, lemon, and grapefruit as a flavors. Compared to other natural toothpastes I have come across, this is about the most natural ingredients list you can find for a fluoride-free natural toothpaste.


Congest Ease is a natural decongestant. Congest Ease contains natural butters and essential oils. Essential oils get absorbed by the body and help to relieve congestion and open up the air ways. The natural butters and oils help to dilute the essential oils and help the skin to absorb them. Congest Ease natural decongestant gets rubbed on the chest, back, and the bottom of feet to help eliminate congestion and reduce coughing. I have been using this periodically when my son catches a cold or has a coughing spell or wheezing from outdoor-related asthma. I rub on the chest, back, and feet just before bed and whenever I change him. I have also been using it on myself and have found that it did help to relieve stuffy noses.


Congest Ease Ingredients:
Palm Butter, Mango Butter, Shea Butter, Avocado Butter, Aloe Butter, Almond Butter, Eucalyptus Oil, Menthol Oil, Camphor Oil, Tea Tree Oil

>> The essential oils used as your standard decongestants. I like the mix of natural butters to help the oils absorb into the skin. Each butter has a different viscosity, which helps to create this balm.


Healing Chrysm is a natural pain reliever that comes in a balm you can rub wherever you need. Most common uses: burns, bruising, sunburns, eye pain, tooth and gum pain, earaches, and minor cuts. I was really intrigued by the ingredients list, which contains Helichrysum is an essential oil that heals nerves. Arnica is an all around pain reliever and inflammation and bruise reliever and is found in a lot of natural pain relievers. Tea Tree oil is a great addition to disinfect any cuts or scrapes. I started off using Healing Chrysm on my tight and sore shoulders. I rubbed just a little bit on both sides. A little went a long way. After a little while, the pain reduced. I have also tried it on really chapped lips and found that the lips healed much faster than when I use my standard lip balm. A 2 oz jar of Healing Chrysm is quite an investment (helichrysum oil is expensive), so I have been keeping it for emergency purposes. It does work! And, reapplying is the secret to its effectiveness!

 

Healing Chrysm Ingredients:
Palm Butter, Beeswax, Olive Oil, Helichrysum, Arnica, Tea Tree Oil, Essential Oils

>> Ingredients are pretty standard and 100% natural. Beeswax helps to keep the Healing Chrysm balm on the skim, which the oils and butters help to dilute the essential oils and help them to absorb into the skin. I assume Helychrysum is of a pure essential oil quality, as is the Tea Tree Oil.

My Thoughts: I am very impressed with the products. They work! I will be purchasing more toothpaste for my son since he really likes the Orange CreamSycle flavor. I feel comfortable using these products with my whole family, knowing that the ingredients are ones I can pronounce and are the least toxic to our bodies. If you are looking for natural body products, check out Morocco Naturals!

Remember to always read the ingredients list! The list will give you insight into exactly what you are putting on your body. And, when in doubt, use your phone to google an ingredient. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...