Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Girly Goats Handcrafted Goat's Milk Soap [Review]

After starting down the all natural path, I revamped everything, food, drinks, body products, cleaning products, etc. One of my favorite all natural products to try are soaps. Even though stores like Bath and Body Works sell soaps in a gazillion different scents, I have come to realize that handcrafted, natural soaps offer superior quality and leave your skin feeling clean, soft, and moisturized. I love trying new soaps in unique combinations with ingredients like oatmeal, coffee ground, lavender, or even beer! Girly Goats goat's milk soaps combine house farmed goats milk, honey from the local beekeeper, and the best ingredients available.

Girly Goats Goat's Milk Soap        ($4.50 per bar)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Locally sourced ingredients
Contains synthetic fragrance
Biodegradable/compostable packaging

Hand poured and hand cut





The first thing I noticed about the packaging (a GreenKraft clamshell) is that it is completely compostable, or recyclable if you prefer. This is the most eco-friendly packaging I have seen for soap bars. The packaging had words on it to remind us to reuse and recycle. I am keeping the packaging to use during travel. The second thing I did was smell the soap. Oatmeal Honey! The scent was strong enough that you can smell it while in the shower, but not overpowering that you smell it on yourself all day long. I prefer my soaps to rinse cleanly. Girly Goats soap met the mark. The lather was very rich, the soap was cleansing, and the suds rinsed clean. The soap bar did not feel slimy when wet and dried quickly in the hanging soap dish. My favorite part was the little bits of oatmeal. I felt like they were little scrubbers to take away dirt and dead skin cells. My skin felt clean, soft, and moisturized afterwards.

Girly Goats uses both essential oils and synthetic (manufactured) scents to scent their soaps. The Oatmeal Honey soap bar contains a synthetic fragrance. I try to avoid synthetic fragrances in my body products, so I would like to see Girly Goats move towards all natural scents in their soaps.

I love the variety of unique soaps that Girly Goats sells. These soaps would make great stocking stuffers. Girly Goats also sells other body products that contain milk from their our herd of Nubian Dairy goats. When you combine local goat's milk, local honey, and high quality ingredients, you get a truly natural and sustainable soap made with traditional soap making methods.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...