Friday, November 1, 2013

My Caring Cross Offers Comfort [Review]

My husband and I would like religion and spirituality to be a part of our son's life. Since I spend most of my time at home, I am always looking for new ways to teach the baby about religion. We read books and we pray. At his current age, the baby grabs everything. He is ready to discover the world. My Caring Cross offers a way for him to discover the religious word through a tangible object made from real olive wood from Bethlehem.

My Caring Cross        ($7.98)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Made from real olive wood
Lacquer finish that tends to come off with handling
Fair trade

Perfect size for any age




Caring Crosses are individually carved from one piece of olive wood pruned from olive trees around Bethlehem. The carvers receive fair price for their work, which allows them to support their family and the Christian community. Caring Crosses were originally carved for pilgrims, and now tourists, and are an ideal gift for anyone already on a spiritual path or wanting to start down the spiritual path.

Caring Crosses are an affordable present for anyone on your list. The more you purchase, the more you save and the more you help the Christian community in Bethlehem. Caring Crosses would make a perfect stocking stuffer for children to help comfort them in time of need and aid in prayer. You can purchase Caring Crosses on Amazon, Ebay, or mycaringcross.com.

I'm focusing this review post on babies and children because I feel that it is important to offer children opportunities to learn about religion and spirituality. The size of the Caring Cross is perfect for adults, children, and even babies. The wooden cross fit perfectly in the palm of my hand. The cross is small enough to fit into my baby's hand and any toddler's hand. The baby liked holding the cross and passing it from hand to hand. The size is also small enough to fit into a purse or a diaper bag to always have with you. Since My Caring Cross is made from wood, I am comfortable with the baby holding it and putting it in his mouth (he puts everything in his mouth).

In a world of plastic, it is refreshing and comforting to find high quality products made from real wood. The wood is polished smooth and has a sort of lacquer finish on it. The lacquered seemed to come off after a couple of weeks of me and my baby handling it. If you have a tendency to rub what you are holding, I can see the lacquer finish coming off after a while. This did not stop me from using the cross, nor did it hinder my ability to use it. The lacquer is mostly a cosmetic detail.

If you are searching for a way to teach your children about religion, for personal comfort, or for aid in meditation, My Caring Cross offers an eco-friendly, natural, and comfortable way to do so in the palm of your hand.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...