Monday, November 18, 2013

I Heart Keenwah Superfood Snacks [Review]

I am sure that most people have heard of quinoa (pronounced keen-wah). This superfood goes back to ancient times where it was prized for being the mother of all grains. Quinoa is important for vegetarians and vegan because it is the only grain that is a complete source of protein, containing all 9 essential amino acids. If you do not eat meat or fish, quinoa should be an important staple in your diet. Quinoa provides a source of nutrition that is gluten-free, high in fiber, and has a high protein content. Knowing all of these great benefits, I Heart Keenwah created a perfect snack containing quinoa and a variety of other superfoods like nuts and dried fruits.

I Heart Keenwah Quinoa Clusters        ($4.99 per bag)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
All natural ingredients
Not certified organic
Filling and satisfying






almond
I received two flavors of I Heart Keenwah snacks: Almond and Chocolate Sea Salt. The Almond package contained quinoa clusters with big chunks of almonds. I like being able to identify the ingredients in my snacks, so I appreciated that the almonds were in big chunks. The Chocolate Sea Salt quinoa clusters also had big chucks of almonds and the tops were covered with a few drizzles of chocolate. Between the two flavors, I liked Almond better. This flavor had the perfect amount of sweetness and saltiness. I was a bit disappointed in the Chocolate Sea Salt clusters because the chocolate flavor did not come through very well. The quinoa clusters are 1 inch squares. Perfect for a snack that you can pop in your mouth.

My husband and I both enjoyed I Heart Keenwah all natural quinoa clusters. I am not big on packaged snack foods, but I can see myself buying these at my local Whole Foods. I Heart Keenwah snacks are sold in retail stores and online at Abe's Market. For your nearest retailer, search here. If you are looking for a new snack unlike anything you have ever tasted, but tasting even better, pick up a package of I Heart Keenwah quinoa clusters at your local retailer.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...