Saturday, November 30, 2013

Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder Is The Ancient Secret to Health [Review]

Some might believe that a stay-at-home-mom sits around watching soap operas and eating bonbons, but those of us who take care of children on a daily basis know that it is far from that. TV? I haven't watched TV in months. Even though my baby is not yet on the move, there is still so much to do to take care of a baby (and the house). Some days, coffee does not have an effect in boosting in my energy level. When I need all day energy with increased focus, I turn to KissMe Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder.

Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder    
    ($25.00, 4oz)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Certified organic
Grassy flavor
Easy to mix

Good energy boost




What is Matcha? Matcha is fine ground, powdered, high quality green tea. Matcha is NOT the same as tea powder or green tea powder. Matcha is made from shade-grown tea leaves. Preparation takes time, up to 20 days, and includes the covering of the tea bushes to prevent sunlight from reaching the leaves. This process slow grows and causes the leaves to become a darker shade of green, which produces amino acids. Amino acids control the flavor. The highest grades of matcha have sweeter and most intense flavors.

Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder benefits:
  1. All day energy with increased focus
  2. Metabolism boost
  3. Improved skin health
  4. 137x the antioxidants of brewed green tea
KissMe Organics sells Certified Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder of culinary grade. This means that you can use the Matcha Green Tea Powder in just about anything. Mix the powder with warm water, add the powder to a smoothie, or bake muffins. This trait is very unique to Matcha Green Tea Powder because you can get your energy boost through various sources. My favorite recipe in the 70 page Organic Matcha Recipe Guide (included in purchase) is the recipe for Nutty Green Brownies. I also love the Basic Matcha Frosting recipe to make organic and natural green frosting! Perfect for the upcoming Holiday season. (Pair it with beet powder to make red icing.)

After reviewing the 70 page Organic Matcha Recipe Guide, I decided to use a few of the recipes as inspiration to make my own warm drink. I have been feeling under the weather, so lots of honey and warm milk. I warmed up 1 cup of local Snowville Creamery grass-fed milk, mixed in 1/2 tsp of Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder, and added 1/2 tbsp of local raw honey. I did not prefer the flavor of the milk and Matcha Green Tea Powder alone because it tasted a bit too grassy for my liking. The addition of honey made the drink delicious and warming. The green color was beautiful!

Did I receive a lasting energy boost? Yes! I did feel the caffeine kick in (not overpowering) after a couple of sips. I went for a run a few hours after consuming Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder and had one of my fastest times during the past couple of years.

If you are looking for an alternative to coffee or caffeinated teas, try KissMe Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder. I love that this powder can be used in drinks, smoothie, and baking and offers a long lasting mild energy boost that keeps me going for hours.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...