Monday, March 2, 2015

Camellia Oil Moisturizer [Review]

A couple of years ago, I simplified my beauty routine and focused on natural and organic products. One of my favorite beauty products are oils. Oils that are 100% pure, with no other ingredients, are the simplest and most effective ways to moisturize my skin and keep it healthy. Most cosmetics seems to include a long list of ingredients, while pure oils contain one ingredient. I recently came across an oil that was new to me, Camellia Oil, a Japanese beauty secret that is gaining popularity in the Western World. Camellia Oil absorbs quickly and nourishes the skin.




Camellia Oil        
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% pure, cold-pressed
Comes in a plastic bottle
Comes in a dark amber (plastic) bottle

Absorbs quickly




Beauty Oils Co. Camellia is a pure, cold pressed and unrefined oil. Oils is pressed from the Camellia Seed (Camellia Oleifera) and is also known as Tea Seed Oil (not to be confused with Tea Tree Oil). Camellia Oil is actually an edible oil with a pale, amber-green color.

The oil comes in a dark amber plastic bottle. Oils should always be stored in dark colored containers to preserve the qualities of the oil and extend the shelf life. Oils that are not stored in dark bottles will oxidize, lose potency and become ineffective. It is also recommended to store oils in glass bottles. I would like to see Beauty Oils Co. use dark amber glass bottles instead of plastic. There is a press-top cap dispenser that dispenses about 1-2 drops and controls the flow very well.

Camellia Oil is light weight and absorbs fairly quickly. I do not like a greasy feeling afterwards. I noticed that within a few minutes, the oil absorbed and my skin looked and felt moisturized.

Although Camellia Seed Oil can also be used for cooking, the intended purpose of Beauty Oils Co. Camellia Oil is for skin moisturizing. The oil is light and does not clog pores. I have been using this oil on my face. It did not cause any reactions on my sensitive skin.

Camellia Oil is rated as 0 (no hazard) by the EWG Skin Deep database. I feel completely safe using it for moisturizing and other beauty applications.

I would recommend Beauty Oils Co. Camellia Oil and look toward their switch to glass bottles.

Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...