Thursday, March 19, 2015

Organic Rosehip Seed Oil [Review]

My beauty routine is simple and focused on natural and organic products. One of my favorite beauty products is oil. My face has greatly benefited from using products with the least amount of ingredients. I prefer oils that are 100% pure with no other ingredients. Most cosmetics seems to include a long list of ingredients, while pure oils contain one ingredient. Rosehip Oil is becoming quite popular in the natural beauty market. Rosehip Oil is a natural anti-aging facial treatment that heals skin and lightly moisturizes. 





Organic Rosehip Oil         
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% organic and unrefined
Smell might be off-putting
Comes in a dark amber glass bottle

Absorbs quickly and works immediately




Organic Rosehip Oil is made from rose hip seeds sourced from Chile. The oil is cold pressed and unrefined. Rosehips are red orange fruit of roses. When I was growing up in Eastern Europe, rose hips were used for a refreshing tea. Rose hip oil contains pro-vitamin A (mostly Beta Carotene). Rosehip Oil also contains many vitamins and nutrients that provide anti-aging and anti-inflammatory benefits.

Rosehip Oil is a great natural treatment for the following skin conditions:

  • Dermatitis
  • Acne
  • Eczema
  • Mature skin
  • Sunburned skin
  • Brittle nails
  • Wrinkles
  • Scar healing
  • Photo-aging reduction

The rosehip oil comes in a dark amber bottle to preserve the qualities of the oil. Oils are sensitive to light and must be stored in dark bottles to prevent oxidation. Oils that are not stored in dark bottles will oxidize, lose potency and become ineffective.

The rosehip oil is light to medium amber color. The oil feels thick, but absorbs quickly. I was worried that the rosehip oil would be heavy on my skin, leaving it greasy, but it absorbed quickly because it is a "dry" oil. I have been using the rosehip oil daily to moisturize my face. The skin on my face immediately feels more supple and looks more moisturized. Dry skin has been a problem this winter and rosehip oil has helped to relieve the dryness.

Let's talk about the smell. Rose hips themselves have a unique and prominent smell. Therefore, rosehip oil has the same prominent smell. The smell is not overpowering, but it does linger. Since I have been moisturizing my face with the rosehip oil, I noticed the smell for quite some time (more than one hour) after applying. To reduce the smell, I added about 10 drops of lavender essential oil. Any essential oil would be a great addition to the rosehip oil.

I would recommend 100% organic Rosehip Oil. Rosehip Oil is a great natural treatment for skin conditions and scarring and a great daily anti-aging moisturizer.


Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...