Thursday, March 26, 2015

Dot & Dot Silicone Travel Bottles [Review]

I love to make my own body and beauty products. However, I always have a challenge with how to store the homemade beauty products. I have been using small glass jars, but have struggled finding a container suitable for keeping in my purse. Dot & Dot 100% food-grade silicone travel bottles are plastic-free, durable, and easy to use for just about anything.



Dot & Dot Travel Bottles       
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% food-grade silicone
Plastic top
Easy to clean

Easy to refill

Leak-proof design



Dot & Dot 1.25 oz silicone travel bottles are made from 100% food-grade silicone (with a plastic top). Not only can you store cosmetic and body products in them, but they can also be used for foods and liquids, like sauces, salad dressings, baby food, etc. They are easy to clean because the top unscrews to reveal a large opening. The top itself has a silicone, drip-free dispenser built in. The contents release when the body of the bottle is squeezed, forcing the contents out. That means that even if the top is flipped out, the contents (liquids for example) will not flow out unless you squeeze the bottle. I love this feature! The lid has 3 leak proof walls to ensure that the contents will not spill out in your purse or travel bag.

I really like the design of Dot & Dot silicone travel bottles. I love that the top unscrews to easy fill the bottle and I love the drip-free dispenser. The bottle also has a silicone suction cup that attached to a shower or glass wall. The silicone body really makes the design user-friendly.

The lid has a white collar that indicates the contents of the bottle. The collar pops right off to reveal a number of selections.


Usage: I filled the first bottle with a store-bought natural hand sanitizer. The wide opening of the travel bottle made it really easy to pour the goopy hand sanitizer without worrying that it would spill all over the bottle. After I screwed the lid back on, I popped open the top part and turned the bottle over. Nothing poured out! These bottles are truly drip-free. I gave the body of the bottle a slight squeeze and the hand sanitizer started to come out.

 

Results: I like that I can control the amount that comes out. The hand sanitizer does have a strong smell to it from the oils that are used and the smell permeates through the silicone bottle. I would not consider this is a disadvantage, just an FYI. This bottle has stayed in my purse for the last couple of weeks without any spills. I feel confident that the bottle will not leak.

The bottles were easy to clean. You can soak them in soapy water or wash in top rack of dishwasher. Since I avoid washing anything plastic (including silicone) in the dishwasher, I hand washed with soap and my fingers.

I plan on filling the remaining bottles with homemade toothpaste, an all natural body wash for travel and Argan Oil that I use to moisturize my face. I would highly recommend Dot & Dot 100% food-grade silicone bottles and plan on purchasing the bottles in bigger sizes.

Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...