Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Organic Eye Serum [Review]

As I get older, I realize that the lines and wrinkles on my face are starting to show more and more. Waking up in the middle of the night to calm a toddler and running around with his all day long has resulted in puffy, dark bags under my eyes. I have been reviewing a lot of oils lately. I have fallen in love with oils as a natural moisturizer. Most of the time, I can find 100% organic oils, which are even better for my skin. I chose a blend of USDA Certified Organic plant oils, Immortelle Organics Nourishing Eye Serum, to reduce dark circles, puffiness, fine lines and crow's feet.







Immortelle Organics Nourishing Eye Serum        
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% Certified Organic plant oils

No additives or preservatives

Comes in a dark amber bottle




Immortelle Organics Nourishing Eye Serum contains 100% organic plant oils that are specifically focused on moisturizing, promoting cell regeneration, and preventing premature aging. The oils are the best natural moisturizer for the delicate skin around the eyes. This oil blend is great for:

  • Reducing puffiness around the eyes
  • Reducing skin discoloration
  • Healing and soothing
  • Regenerating skin

Ingredients
Rosa rubiginosa (rosehip) oil*, cucurbita pepo (pumpkin seed) oil*, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) oil*, ricinus communis (castor) oil*, matricaria recutita (blue chamomile) oil*, helichrysum italicum (helichrysum) oil*, pelargonium graveolens (geranium) oil*
*Certified USDA Organic

I love that all ingredients are USDA certified organic. I feel confident that I am putting non-toxic oils on my skin.

The Nourishing Eye Serum comes in a dark amber bottle. Oils should always be stored in dark colored containers to preserve the qualities of the oil and extend the shelf life. Oils that are not stored in dark bottles will oxidize, lose potency and become ineffective.

Usage: The bottle is 0.5 ounce in volume. A little of the oil blend goes a long way. I have been using the oil at least 1-2 times a day (morning and evening, or after showering). One drop is all it takes. I use the dropper to place on drop on my index finger. Then, I dab some on the other index finger and use a light patting motion to apply below my eyes and on the outside of my eyes. I like that the oil is very easy to apply. The Blue Chamomile smell really comes through and I love that. The smell is not overpowering and fades after a little while.

Results: I have been applying the oils for a couple of weeks now in the morning and in the evening, or after taking a shower. The skin under and around my eyes has softened up a little and feels supple. The moisturizing aspect of the oil is working! I still do have some puffiness and bags under my eyes. (That will probably go away once my toddler stops waking up in the middle of the night almost every night). The company rep mentioned that it will take some time for the results to come through. This eye serum is not a miracle oil, but I believe it will help to reduce the puffiness and bags over time.

I would recommend Immortelle Organic Eye Serum and would purchase it myself.

Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...