Friday, February 7, 2014

Bamboo Charcoal Deodorizers from Ever Bamboo [Review]

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.

Bamboo has become one of those products that you see almost everywhere. Bamboo furniture, bamboo kitchen utensils, bamboo clothing, even bamboo diapers. Bamboo charcoal is becoming more popular for home use. Many tiny holes in the bamboo charcoal acts as a deodorizer and dehumidifier. Bamboo charcoal is produced from the rapidly growing moso bamboo. Conventional home odor and moisture removal products are made from toxic chemicals and are usually packaged in plastic. Ever Bamboo brings one of the first natural products to deodorize and dehumidify in your home.

Ever Bamboo Charcoal Deodorizer      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Natural, free from toxic chemicals

Rechargeable, lasts up to 1 year

Compostable (biodegradable)

Unscented


I received three Ever Bamboo bamboo charcoal products to try:
  1. Room Deodorizer + Dehumidifier
  2. Shoe Deodorizer
  3. HEI Bamboo Charcoal Face + Body Bar
Our family usually does not generate a lot of trash. Therefore, we only take trash out once a week at the minimum. If food, especially animal products, gets thrown away in the trash, the trash smells after one week. I hate smelling trash every time I walk by the trash can, so I placed the Ever Bamboo Room Deodorizer + Dehumidifier packet in the kitchen, close to the trash can. After about 12-24 hours, I did not notice the trash smelling as I walked by it. Success! 

The Room Deodorizer + Dehumidifier was not used for humidity control since it is Winter and our furnace dehumidifier is set to low humidity. Once the Spring weather comes and brings rain showers, I will place the Room Deodorizer + Dehumidifier in the enclosed breezeway. The breezeway gets very humid when it rains. 

The Ever Bamboo Shoe Deodorizer went straight to my husband's work shoes. He rotates between two pairs of dress shoes. Dress shoes that cover feet all day get smelly and moist! This is where you want the bamboo charcoal to absorb smells and humidity. Each day, after he came home from work, I placed each of the Shoe Deodorizer packets in his dress shoes. After a few days, the dress shoes did not smell as bad as before. Another success!

The HEI Bamboo Charcoal Face + Body Bar is a neat little soap bar. This deep cleansing soap bar contains bamboo charcoal and is black in color. The bamboo charcoal powder penetrates the pores to draw out impurities. I mainly used this soap on my armpits because this body part tends to be the smelliest for me. The Body Bar did a great job at removing any smells. Although the soap bar does contain a few ingredients that are rated as 3 by EWG's Skin Deep Database, I like that the soap is naturally scented with Lavender. 

The bamboo charcoal can last up to 1 year. The packets can be recharged in the sun. Each month, place the pouches outside in direct sunlight, 2-3 hours per side. Get rid of those overly scented gels and beads that only cover up smells and get Ever Bamboo bamboo charcoal packets to remove odors and humidity from your home.

Win a 4 pack of Ever Bamboo products.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...