Thursday, February 6, 2014

Olives & Pickles Organic Carrier Sucking Pads [Review]

We are ready to start our series of eco-friendly baby teething products and toys. The focus here is on Etsy and organic and/or natural products. Babies are going to put these products in their mouth, so buying products made from natural and organic fabrics is a great investment. Those of us who wear our babies in carriers know that babies love to chew and suck on those straps! Once babies have teeth, chewing on the straps can rip the fabric and weaken the integrity of the strap. We would also prefer not to have to wash the whole carrier when the straps get dirty from slobber. Olives & Pickles Organic Carrier Sucking Pads are a perfect solution to protect your carrier.

Olives & Pickles Carrier Sucking Pads   (2 pads, $22.00)
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
100% GOTS Certified Organic Fabric

Low impact dyes

Fabric taggies are multi-purpose

Can be used as car seat strap covers


Subject: 10 month boy
Equipment: ERGObaby carrier

As soon as I received Olives & Pickles Organic Carrier Sucking Pads, I put them on my ERGObaby carrier. I wear my baby enough throughout the day that I desperately needed something to protect the carrier straps. The teething pads were easy to use. The teething pads attach with a gentle, but strong, velcro. It did take me a few tries to make sure the velcro lined up, but it was easy to do so. I started with one teething pad with the velour side out and the second teething pad with the terry cloth side out. My baby did not have a preference toward one fabric or the other, he was enjoying sucking and chewing on the taggies!

Let's talk about the taggies. My baby loves them! I have not seen other carrier teething pads with taggies on them, but I wish all of them had taggies. Not only for chewing and sucking, the taggies can be used to attach toys or pacifier clips. I love that the taggies are multi-purpose!

Olives & Pickles Organic Carrier Sucking Pads fit most major soft structured carriers. They fit my ERGObaby carrier perfectly. I also tried them with the infant car seat. There was not a lot of available strap area once the baby was strapped in, so I put them over the shoulder pads. Perfect access to chew or suck.

Olives & Pickles Organic Carrier Sucking Pads are made from fabric is 100% GOTS Certified Organic Fabric. Three layers of fabric provide good absorbency for drooling babies.

The Carrier Sucking Pads should be washed before first use. Machine wash gentle (no bleach) or hand wash (pretty quick job). Air dry to prevent shrinking. Attach velcro when machine washing to avoid attaching to other garments in the wash.

I wonder why I did not get teething pads sooner. I used to place small terry cloth wipes over each side, but they would fall off. Olives & Pickles Organic Carrier Sucking Pads are a requirement if you ever wear your baby in a soft structured carrier. Check out their Etsy site for other great organic and natural products and toys.

Win a set of Olives & Pickles Organic Carrier Sucking Pads.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned for free to facilitate this review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...