Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Enhance Your Home with GE Reveal Halogen Bulbs [Review]

Now that the baby is a little bit older, I feel like I can start taking on home improvement projects again. I like to work in one space at a time, focusing on one room or on one area in a room. A quick and easy way to transform is a room is with lighting. A well light room makes a space more inviting. GE Reveal halogen bulbs replace yellow, dingy lighting with crisp, white light that makes colors and patterns pop, quickly transforming your home from ordinary to extraordinary.

GE Reveal Halogen Bulbs      
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Affordable
Blue bulb color might not match decor
Uses less energy than incandescent

Filters out dull yellow rays




GE Reveal halogen bulbs make colors appear brighter and lighter. Whites look more white and greens are greener. Reveal bulb's unique neodymium glass filters out dull, yellow rays and leaves only vivid surroundings. GE Reveal bulbs use 28% less energy than incandescent bulbs (790 vs. 830 lumens) while providing nearly the same light output. When looking at the variety of light bulbs available for purchase, I believe it is important not only to look at the energy savings, but also at the light output and how it makes the space look. The power of good lighting cannot be underestimated.

I have used soft white incandescent bulbs in my home for a long time. I never gave second thought to the soft white light that gave everything a little bit of a yellow hint, so I was curious to test GE Reveal halogen bulbs to see how the master bathroom would be transformed. GE Reveal bulbs had a higher wattage than the old bulbs, so the lighting was a little bit brighter. I noticed that the door looked whiter and everything seemed brighter and lighter. It felt more like natural outside light.

 

The light bulbs are made from a blue/purple glass, which is what filters out the yellow rays. I did find it a little bit odd that the white light scones had blue light bulbs peeking out from the inside. I am sure that I will get used to it. If you are using GE Reveal bulbs behind a lamp shade, you will never see the blue bulbs.


Be aware of new energy-efficiency standards starting January 1, 2014. Incandescent bulbs will not be available for much longer, but you can choose among other options like GE reveal halogen, CFL, and LED bulbs in addition to GE Lighting’s other energy-efficient options. GE Reveal halogen bulbs are now available almost exclusively at Target and at other retailers nationwide.

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free to facilitate this review. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. All opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...