Saturday, May 30, 2015

Homemade Natural After Sun Spray [Recipe + Review]

My 2 year old son and I love to spend time outdoors! Every day, we either play in the yard or go to a park. Spending time outside is a great learning and developmental opportunity. I tend to stay away from sunscreen unless absolutely necessary (we are at the beach or we will be spending hours outside during the sunniest parts of the day). When we do use sunscreen, I use a homemade recipe or a natural brand with the safest ingredients. Nonetheless, the skin can get a bit red after being outside in the sun. That's when I turn to my homemade natural After Sun Spray to relieve red and tender skin. An amber glass spray bottle is the perfect storage container to preserve the properties of the essential oils.



Emmi's Essentials Amber Glass Spray Bottle     
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Bottle made from glass
Opening too small for scrub brush
Amber glass perfect for essential oil blends

High quality sprayer




Emmi's Essentials amber glass spray bottle can hold 16 ounces of liquid. The bottle itself is made from amber glass, which is recommended for essential oils, and a high quality sprayer with an ergonomic, no-slip trigger and tight-lock closure. Essential oils can degrade faster in a plastic bottle. Plastic can also absorb the cleaning solution or spray, making it difficult to clean the bottles for reuse. The amber color protects the oils and allow you to store your cleaning solutions and sprays longer!





I decided that the empty Amber Glass Spray Bottle would be perfect for my After Sun Spray. After Sun Spray is applied after being the sun. After coming inside the house, we wash hands and face, and then apply the After Sun Spray. I spray the After Sun Spray on the exposure body parts and our heads (we have fine hair and our scalp tends to burn) and then we are off to play! Since the spray is liquid, it does take a few minutes to be absorbed.

After Sun Spray Recipe

Ingredients
1 cup water
1 tbsp aloe vera juice
10 drops lavender essential oil

Directions
Mix all ingredients in spray bottle. Shake well before each use.

After Sun Spray is effective for mild to moderate burns. For moderate burns, reapply as needed throughout the day. If you have a serious burn over most of your body, please seek medical attention.

My Thoughts: I really like the amber glass bottle! The generous size is perfect for homemade cleaners and spray that are used on a frequent basis. The glass is pretty thick, so I am not worried about breaking, though careful handling should be used. Since the opening of the bottle is a bit small for my dish brush, I pump a small amount of soap inside the bottle, fill halfway with hot water, place my hand over the top and shake. I do this a few more times with just hot water to rinse the bottle. Let air dry.



Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...