Thursday, May 28, 2015

Deep Sleep: Natural Solution for Better Sleep [Review]

A lot of people are in search of a natural solution for better sleep. Whether you have to get up for work in the morning or take care of children all day long, better sleep is always welcomed. For the past two years, sleep is something that has not come easy. Newborns are awake several times during the night to feed. Toddlers are up for developmental reasons (or just because). Plus, I wake up on my own a couple of times to use the bathroom. Our 2 year old son still wakes up about once a night and requires shooshing or comforting of some sort. Therefore, I try to use natural remedies and techniques to ensure that I get the best sleep that I can get. Zen Living's Deep Sleep Essential Massage Oil Blend is a perfect sleep aid that can be used directly on the skin, in a bath, or in an aromatherapy diffuser.

 

Note: I received a bottle different than what is pictured on Amazon due to a mix-up with the shipper. I received Tree of Life Sleep Well Massage & Bath Oil. The Amazon product is called Zen Living's Deep Sleep Essential Massage Oil Blend. The photos will include both products. I assume the ingredients list is the same (Amazon does not have the full ingredients list).

Zen Living Deep Sleep Oil Blend     
Rating: total green check marks out of 5.

The Good
The Not So Good
Natural ingredients with essential oils
Not certified organic
Effective at relaxing the body and the mind

Comes in a dark blue bottle




Deep Sleep Oil Blend contains essential oils in a natural oil blend of grapeseed oil, sweet almond oil and jojoba oil. Since essential oils should be diluted for usage on the skin, this oil is ready to be used out of the bottle. The Amazon description says that the oil can be used in a diffuser, but I am not sure if that is a good idea since it does contain grapeseed, sweet almond and jojoba oils. These natural oils might not be suitable for diffusers.

The essential oils in the blend that I received include Roman Chamomile, Lavender, Sweet Marjoram, Sweet Orange, Tangerine, Ylang Ylang. Deep Sleep Oil blend contains the same essentials oils in a slightly different order. In general, I love the smell of chamomile. Since Roman Chamomile is the first ingredient, it really comes through when you open the bottle to smell the oil blend. The rest of the oils are a bit difficult to distinguish because the Chamomile overpowers. Nonetheless, the aroma is very pleasant, natural and relaxing.

Usage: This oil blend is great to use as a massage oil (even just over the temples or wrists) or a cap full in the bath water. I have not used it in my essential oil diffuser because the product does contain other oils that might clog the diffuser.

Results: I felt relaxed after using the oil in the bath tub and after rubbing some on my temples. I would not say that I had amazing results where I fell asleep instantly, but I felt like the essential oil blend helped me to relax before going to bed. The oil is clear and asborbs quickly into the skin, leaving it moisturized. The oil blend is lightweight, so it's perfect for the summer and year round.


I would like to see the company move toward using organic ingredients to ensure that the oil blend has the most potency and effectiveness. I also would like to see the label of the Zen Living Deep Sleep blend have a more specific ingredients list.

After long days of running behind a toddler, I like to use this oil blend as part of my nightly wind down routine. If you are looking for a natural remedy for insomnia or sleeplessness, give Zen Living Deep Sleep Essential Oil Blend a try.




Disclosure: I received the product to facilitate this review. No other compensation was received. All opinions are my own and are honest.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...