Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Joy Williams Venus Album [Review]

Music is a big part of my life. I love listening to music while I am cooking or working around the house, while driving in the car, and while running, among many other times. The music I listen to depends on my mood, or the type of mood I want to be in. From happy and upbeat to sad and slow, music helps me to experience life and the emotions that comes with the ups and downs of it. Joy Venus was previously with The Civil Wars group, but is now on her own. Joy William's Venus album is a collection of personal and emotional songs that will evoke emotions from happiness to sadness.

Joy Williams Venus Tracklist:
1. Before I Slept
2. Sweet Love of Mine
3. Woman (Oh Mama)
4. One Day I Will
5. Not Good Enough
6. What a Good Woman Does
7. Until the Levee
8. You Loved Me
9. The Dying Kind
10. Till Forever
11. Welcome Home

I really like this brand new album from Joy Williams. Her music is the type of music that I like - easy listening with an empowering message. Joy was recently part of The Civil Wars group that has disbanded. She has come out on her own with a bang! This break through album takes the best of what Joy learned from The Civil Wars, mixed with some of her favorite artists.

My favorite songs are "Woman (Oh Mama)" because I am a mother and this song gets at the strength of a woman. This song is going to be added to my running playlist. I also like "Not Good Enough" for my running playlist. It is hard to choose my top favorites because I love all of the songs. Joy William's Venus album would be great for playing while I am cooking or cleaning the house or just hanging out with my toddler.

The Venus album can be purchased on iTunes and on Amazon.




Disclosure: I participated in the Joy Williams Venus album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...